Medline’s business purpose is to help U.S. healthcare providers to more efficiently manage their revenue cycle operations, which encompass patient registration, insurance and benefit verification, medical treatment documentation and coding, medical transcription, bill preparation and collections.
Our dedicated healthcare experts deliver around the clock quality service to individual physician offices, family practices, clinics, hospitals and billing companies. Our expertise is US Healthcare.
Hospitals and clinics allow us to deliver:
- End-to-end solutions in the healthcare space
- Complete billing and patient cycle management
- Significantly reduced costs
- An increase in efficiency and quality
- Faster turn-around times
Is your Money Stuck in bad AR Management?
The worst factor that affects the productivity and sustainability of a medical practice to the maximum is bad AR management. This is a situation where the money you owe gets stuck because of inappropriate claim filing or unplanned follow-ups and any other that affects the cash-flow. This definitely is a serious threat to the overall efficiency and most importantly the sustainability of the practice as this could lead to liquidation. We at Medline understand that a medical administrative staff who is out and out into the medical field cannot insistently chase ARs, they are likely to pay no heed to the ageing ARs that consequently fades off resulting in bad debts. Get back the Treasure that is considered lost:
AR is considered to be “old” or “new” usually depending on its stretch of time. AR that is 60-120 days old is generally considered to be lost. With Medline to offer you its stupendous services medical practices can shed these worries. The denial management system and lost AR recovery system offered by Medline is sure to bring back your lost AR. We believe working on the rudiments of the process. We work on bringing down your claim rejection rate which simultaneously lessens your AR accumulation. We have track records helping many practices come out of this clumsy situation. One fact that mostly startles you is that we are capable of processing claims that are even more than one year old.
What Medline does to your Practice?
- Extraordinary AR management team.
- Stupendous AR scrutiny and follow-up processes.
- 95% of your claims will be set on within 60 working days.
- 99% of your claims will be set on within 120 working days.
- 24*7*365 days availability –working to your time zone.
- The cause for AR accumulation is ruled out for ever.
- Higher AR collection rate at incredibly low costs.
- On-time reporting with analytic.
With Medline Healthcare’s Medical Billing Services, you can:
- Reduce the average AR days to less than 45 days
- Reduce the AR over 90 days to less than 10% of the total A
- Increase the collection from the current level to a higher level
What we can do for you:
- Quick cash flows
Your claims are processed and submitted within two business days. Our diligent follow-up with insurance companies ensures quicker revenue for your practice.
- Increase your patient base
You have more time to give quality care to your patients and build your practice.
- Save resources
We take care of all issues related to medical billing and free your staff to concentrate on other tasks.
- Reduce cost by up to 40%
Medical billing outsourcing can help you lower the costs associated with additional employees and office infrastructure.
- Reduce rejected claims
Our stringent quality checks ensure an accuracy level of over 98% in processing the claims.
- Knowledge Retention
The business and process knowledge of your practice remains with us even if your staff leaves the practice, with the claims being processed on time, your cash flow remains unaffected.
- Appointment Scheduling
- Eligibility Verification
- Benefit Verification
- Medical Transcription
- Medical Coding
- Charge/Demographic Capture
- Billing and Rejections
- Scanning and Indexing
- Payment Posting
- Credit Balance Refunds
- AR Follow Up and collections
- Denial management
- Appeal management
- Patient Collections
- Customer Service
- Reporting and Analytic
- Ambulatory and Emergency
The coding process includes the following steps:
Hospitals LIS/ EMR system or Patient documents / files / reports that are electronically scanned at our client’s office are seamlessly and securely accessed by Medline’s coding team using our 3-DES encrypted VPN’s connections.
Our teams verify and validate the documents, split them into batches and review them for completeness, quality and readability.
Diagnosis, Procedure Codes and modifiers are assigned as per client descriptions and guidelines. Modification of certain codes may be made as per carrier requirement (e.g. certain insurance carriers require ASA code).
Our diligent quality control teams audit the dictation and process it further for charge entry and cash posting.
We use the following industry coding standards:
- Diagnosis Codes (ICD: International Classification of Disease)
- Procedure Codes (CPT: Current Procedural Terminology)
- Coding for Inpatient Services (ICD)
- Drug Codes (NDC: National Drug Codes)
- Dental Procedure Codes (CDT: Current Dental Terminology)
- Other Procedure Codes (HCPCS: Healthcare Common Procedure Coding System)
Key highlights of our Coding Centre of Excellence are:
- Medline’s AAPC certified coding team is proficient with CPT, ICD, HCPCS level II and DRG codes across various specialties.
- Coding in accordance with NCCI (National Correct Coding Initiatives) and LCD (Local coverage decision and medical policies) as per set rules for different states across US
- Trained and Monitored by PMCC certified Trainers
- The coders complete a comprehensive training program and are involved in continuing education programs.
- Quality and Compliance are continually monitored via a Corporate Quality Assurance Program and a Corporate Compliance Program.
- Minimum accuracy deliverables of over 95% and above on both CPT and ICD.
- Medline provides 24 to 48 hour turn-around of all completed source documents.
- Assurance in maintaining coding policies and procedures, appropriate and accurate managed contract advice and reports
Medline’s coding team, led by physicians, ensures that continuous updates are sent to our clients to keep up with minimum documentation and to allow our team to bill for maximum accurate reimbursements for services rendered by them.
We provide regular feedback to our clients on changes in code selections affecting reimbursements and front-office documentation practices to be followed as per CMS guidelines for appropriate reimbursements to physicians as well as insights into coding related denial analysis. Our expertise in E/M Evaluation & Management Services have driven clients across US to use our services for physician education and audits on coding done by other billing companies and/ or physicians themselves.